For those who work in warzones, out of doors or lead rough and tumble lifestyles, your typical tablet isn’t going to cut it. You’re going to need a device that can handle everything you throw at it, whether intentionally or accidentally. Fortunately, Juniper Systems has just released their Mesa 3 Rugged Tablet, taking their already popular Mesa 2 and making it even better.
Offered in two flavours, the Mesa 3 can be had in your choice of Windows or Android, with a few differences between them.
The Mesa 3 Android boasts a Qualcomm Snapdragon octa-core processor and 6 gigs of RAM. Capable of handling large files and detailed maps, it runs on Android 9.0 and comes with 64 gigs of flash storage and Qualcomm Adreno graphics. Access is provided to the Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services. Two cameras are onboard, a 16 MP with LED illumination on the rear side, and 2 MP on the front.
The Windows 10 version of the Mesa 3 offers even more for those who need it. Powered by a quad-core Intel Pentium delivering lightning-fast speeds, this device comes equipped with 8 gigs of ram, your choice of 128 or 256 gigs of flash storage and Intel HD graphics. This unit also comes with two cameras, an 8 MP with LED illumination on the rear, and a 2 MP camera on the front side.
Other features of the Mesa 3 Rugged Tablet:
– Touchscreen can be used with gloves or in wet conditions
– The battery life of 10-12 hours. Optional internal battery adds 5-6 hours
– Long Range Bluetooth & Smart Ready Wireless technology
– Tested for temperature, humidity, altitude, multiple drops onto concrete, rain, sand & dust, immersion and shock
– Multiple ports
– Best-In-Class sunlight view-ability