Hemisphere just released the latest addition to their line of all-new, low-power, high-precision, positioning and heading OEM boards, the Hemisphere Vega 60. This new board follows the Hemisphere Vega 40, released in 2019.
Featuring the Lyra II and Aquila chipsets, this long-awaited heading and positioning OEM board offers a variety of advantages over its pin-compatible competitors.
“We are excited for the opportunity to introduce our Vega 60 board,” said Miles Ware, Director of Marketing at Hemisphere. “Vega 60 brings our industry-leading heading and position solutions to an OEM board footprint with very few affordable upgrade paths.”
Vega 60 GNSS Board Highlights
- Fits industry-standard 46 by 71mm form factors with a 60-pin connector
- Can be used to replace more expensive and lesser-abled 60-pin boards with either single or dual antenna capabilities
- Offers similar or lower power consumption than pin-compatible competitors
- Provides the ability to simultaneously track and process over 1100 channels from all GNSS constellations and signals, including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS, NavIC, SBAS, and L-Band
- Scalable access to every modern GNSS signal available through Hemisphere’s Lyra II and Aquila ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit) technology
- Cygnus interference mitigation technology is a standard feature providing built-in digital filtering capabilities and spectrum analysis as well as enhanced anti-jamming and interference detection & mitigation
- Uses dual antenna ports to create a series of additional capabilities, including fast, high-accuracy heading over short baselines, RTK positioning, onboard Atlas L band, RTK-enabled heave, low-power consumption, and precise timing
- Positioning is scalable and field-upgradeable with all Hemisphere software and service options
- Utilize the same centimetre-level accuracy in either single frequency mode, or employ the full performance and fast RTK initialization times over long distances with multi-frequency multi-constellation GNSS signals
- High-accuracy L band positioning from meter to sub-decimeter levels available via Atlas correction service.
- Easy migration – leverage the industry-standard form factor for easy upgradeability from other manufacturers’ modules
- Extremely accurate heading with long baselines
One of the most advanced GNSS heading and positioning boards available, the Hemisphere GNSS Vega 60 is now available at competitive prices from Blue Planet Geomatics.